Ford Plumbing and Heating Ltd Terms and Conditions
- GENERAL GLOSSARY
- For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings:
“Us/we” shall mean Ford Plumbing and Heating Ltd
“Customer/you” the person or organisation for whom we agree to carry out work and/or supply materials
“Our representative” shall be the person we send to you to do work.
- “Customer/you” the person or organisation for whom we agree to carry out work and/or supply materials
- For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings: “Us/we” shall mean Ford Plumbing and Heating Ltd
- ADDITIONAL WORK REQUESTED BY CUSTOMER
- For additional work needed to rectify existing systems to meet current industry regulations, parts, materials, labour, and VAT will be charged to the Customer with their agreement at the current rate quoted.
- The total charge to the Customer will be the time spent by our representative doing the work, parts and materials used. If the required materials are not available locally then they will be ordered, any carriage or postal costs will be charged to the Customer.
- Quotes will include labour and materials + VAT. The price will be fixed unless otherwise stated but manifest errors shall be exempted. Quotes may need to be revised if you change the scope of the work, if there is an increase in the price of materials, or if further works are needed to complete the job.
- Where hourly rate work has been agreed or where additional works are required, the total charge to you will consist of:
- Labour (the amount of time spent by the representative carrying out work) + VAT
- Materials supplied by us + VAT
- The price quoted is subject to any changes in VAT.
- All quotations submitted by us remain open to acceptance for a period of 30 days from the date thereof. The quotation is based upon the conditions:
- That the work will be carried out during normal working hours (8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Monday to Friday);
- That we will be given unrestricted access to the premises upon which the work is to be executed; and
- That all areas in or on which work is to be executed are fully accessible.
- Whilst every care will be taken by the Company it accepts no liability for any damage to plaster work, decorations, flooring, etc. which may be consequent upon the carrying out of the work detailed, unless specifically provided for in the schedule(s) on the sales order form. Cuts or holes made to allow for equipment will be made good but not permanently finished or re-decorated. Floorboards will be re-instated or replaced where necessary but special and/or laminated floors cannot be permanently re-fixed. Any carpets which have to be lifted will be re-laid to the best of our engineer’s ability, however we cannot be held responsible for carpets which have been nailed or glued down. It should be anticipated that an amount of re-decoration may be required, and this will be the Customer’s responsibility and is not included in the price. Similarly, the Company accepts no responsibility for damage which is attributable to structural defect or weakness unless such damage results from negligence on the part of the Company or its representatives.
- The price we quote includes removing all non-dangerous materials, including parts we replace.
- Acceptance of any quotation constitutes a warranty and representation by the Customer that the requirements of every applicable statute, order-in-council, regulation or direction, byelaw or other lawful requirement or instruction, whether of the Government or any local or other lawful authority, have been complied with and that every necessary licence, permit or authorities that may be required in connection with the work has/have been obtained.
- A deposit may be required, this will be deducted from your final bill.
- All invoices are payable within 7 days upon delivery to the customer. In the event of payment not being made in accordance with these Conditions, interest may be charged on all outstanding monies at the rate of 4% over the Bank of England base rate per month and in accordance with statute and commercial guidelines for all commercial debts.
- If the Customer has entered into a Credit Agreement via the Company’s nominated finance providers, the terms of their agreement will apply as part of this Contract. If the Credit Agreement is later cancelled, then subject to the terms of the 1974 Consumer Credit Act, the contact balance will become immediately payable. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- TITLE TO GOODS
- Goods supplied and delivered by us to you, or your premises shall remain our property and we will continue to have title over them until paid for in full by the Customer.
- If you instruct us to do works or buy materials and then cancel, we reserve the right to charge you for the cost of any time, materials or restocking charges incurred by us.
- GENERAL NOTES
- We reserve the right to refuse or decline to undertake any work.
- We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to choose who will represent us.
- These terms and conditions are subject to the condition that any existing plumbing, electrical or gas system or part thereof, which is to form a part of, or to be used in conjunction with, any installation and/or goods which is/are the subject of this contract, is/are in good working order. No responsibility is accepted for the efficient or effective working of such existing system and/or goods or any part thereof.
- These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied, or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by our duly authorised representative and you. Your entering into a contract with us determines your unequivocal acceptance of our terms and conditions and acceptance that these terms and conditions shall prevail over any previous terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you other than those amended and executed by our duly authorised representative and you.
- These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between us and the Customer shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- We are a family run business offering a high-quality service if the customer has any issues about the services or products that we have supplied and installed we will do our best to resolve them directly.
For your peace of mind, we offer a 12-month guarantee on most workmanship. Due to the nature of certain works or repairs, such as drain blockages, we are unable to provide the 12-month labour guarantee. This will be clearly marked on your invoice.
One year guarantee takes effect from the time of installation on the work, subject to payment in full having been received by the Company. Silicone caulks and sealants are excluded from the guarantee.
We recommend leading brands Worcester Bosch and Vaillant to keep your home warm, offering exclusive warranties up to 12 years.
All warranties are subject to annual service history. Please note, the price of the service is not included in the cost of the new boiler. The annual service must be implemented by a Gas Safe Registered engineer and documentation must be made available to Ford Plumbing and Heating Ltd engineers. Proof of annual service will validate the boiler warranty throughout the warranty period. It is the customer’s responsibility to arrange the annual service.
All fixtures such as furniture, taps, extractors, mirrors, tiles, appliances are subject to individual guarantees provided by the manufacturers and are subject to replacement on supply basis only. Fixtures purchased by the Customer are excluded from this warranty.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that any licence, permit or other authority necessary for the execution of the work is obtained and that existing property boundaries are correctly defined.
NOTICE OF RIGHT TO CANCEL
You have the right to cancel within 14 days without giving any reason; this cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date on which you accept our quotation.
To exercise this right, you must make/send a clear written statement to us within this 14-day period that you wish to cancel.